- Autore: Sacchetto Devi Andrijasevic Rutvica
- Categoria: Articolo su rivista
- Rivista: South Atlantic Quarterly
- Volume, numero e pagine: Volume 114, Number 1: 215-224
- Anno: 2015
- Scarica articolo: clicca qui
This article shows that global production networks rely on a specific combination of economic and political elements and that labor composition in each production node is specific to the location and contingent on state regulations. The assembly and management of a differentiated labor force are keys to understanding how these networks are constructed. By focusing on the specific composition of the workforce inside the supply chain, we underline how the differences in each node of production are managed to hinder conflict in the workplace. We analyze how the new geography of production takes into account these differences within the context of three Foxconn factories.